News Archive - June 2021

LCWU bids Farewell to the Long-Serving Teachers of HED

30 June 2021: The Lahore College for Women University (LCWU) acting vice-chancellor and faculty members on Wednesday extended a Farewell party in honor of College Cadre Staff of Higher Education.

Speaking at the ceremony, acting VC Prof Dr. Bushra Mirza said to these teachers working here as employees of higher education, your contribution in building and nurturing this institution are commendable. I especially thank you all from the bottom of my heart and I hope that this institution will continue to benefit from your services.

The Higher Education Department (HED) has called back their 50 teaching staff working on deputation in LCWU. These faculty members included Prof Fareeha Basit Khan, Prof Nasreen Abid, Prof Hafsa Munir, Prof Mohseena Munir, Prof Dr. Talat Sohail, Prof Dr. Zaib Sadiqui, Prof. Marukh Bukhari, Prof. Dr. Imrana Kosar, Prof. Dr. Humaira Arshad, Prof Iram Shahid, Prof Dr. Ghzala Shaheen, and other members.

Vice-Chancellor Prof. Dr. Bashra Mirza graced the event. In addition to Deans, Directors, and HOD, faculty staff also attended the event. The event was hosted by Prof. Dr. Anjum Zia, Head of the Department of Mass Communication and the teachers shared their beautiful memories in their valedictory speeches.

On this occasion, honorary shields and certificates were presented to the HED faculty members in appreciation of their teaching services rendered for the LCWU for more than ten years.